Thursday 10 October 2013

Follies of a fool!!!

Hey guys this is my first attempt at a poem ,so bear with me. Feedbacks will be appreciated.

            FOLLIES OF A FOOL

There was lonely fool,
He was as lonely as one can be,
He never loved nor was he ever  loved,
And lonely was all he could ever be.

So he sat one day and cried out loud
To the almighty God said he,
'How can I ,O God love thee,
When I don't know what love is,
Show me what love is ,cried he.

The fool searched high and low,
For love that no one did show
And his life seemed bleak,
For love was what he did dearly seek.

So one day after all his search with no success
Just when he thought it was a futile excess
He saw this person who met his eyes.

As time passed by,
Into days and then into months
They became as thick as thieves.
So the fool being the fool he was
Mistook the friendship for something else,
And lost what was something pure and selfless.

So off he ran to places as far off as he could
To seek again in places he thought he should
He went across the seven seas
Braced mighty winds and breeze
And reached a place where all find what they seek.

There he saw a maiden,
Who made his knees lead laden,
She batted her eyelids and shook her hips
And he skipped a heart beat and forgot to breathe.

The fool that he was couldn't stop himself
From doing what came naturally to him
Oh the follies of a fool.

He lost his heart his heart ,
He lost his soul ,
And was on the verge of loosing his sanity,
When out of the blue ,
She left him in a lurch,
And he was left holding an empty heart.

He cried and cried for endless days
Till there no more tears,
He was back on his knees ,
Back to where it all began,
With eyes pointed towards heaven
He cried , ' Oh God !!!
'Where art thou now'.

That's when he heard God say
"You have searched in all places you can,
But never once did you
look right next to you ,
where I was always there,
I loved you even before you were conceived,
I love you , I loved you and I will always love you,
I love you the way you are,
All you have to do is come to me."

1 comment: