Sunday 27 October 2013

To Her ,With Love

I was in a dilemma for quite sometime.It was about whether I should write on what I just wrote. I was hesitant infact even now I'm not sure how to proceed. I was more concerned as to how my readers (which mainly comprises of friends and well wishers) will perceive me after reading this. But then I see the title of the blog it's ' My Ramblings'. That's what gives me encouragement as I write this out to my girl who I have to yet meet, because these are my thoughts and my ramblings.

Hey/ hi /dear
In this world of chats and SMSes where the English language has been battered beyond recognition and the meaning of conversation just lost with whatsapp,BBM (to name a couple.) Here's me making an attempt to to pen my thoughts in some coherent and 'proper' English I'm not sure how to begin,however let me begin as I tell something about myself.
I don't know who you are ,where you are from ( and no I'm not quoting any song you might have heard of ) but I know you are there.
So going by my looks I won't take your breath away , I'm no Clooney or Ian Sommerhalder for that matter and neither am I as dorky as I look on my blogger profile. (That's a selfie I took out of boredom.) ,but yes; I will surprise so much so , that you will be left catching your breath.You'll be so out of breath that you will become hypoxic and might require oxygen therapy.

They say first impression is the last impression , I'd beg to differ. My friends say I came out as reserved , arrogant and a hard nosed person when they first saw me or rather met me but when they warmed up to me, they say I'm not what they thought I was. Yes I do live up to the above mentioned adjectives occasionally but then name me one person who is perfect. My personality is something that will impress you once you get to know me. So you won't be impressed from the word go like the immediate effect of an anaesthetic drug but I'l be like an antibiotic ,you'll have to take the whole course to see the effect.

Talking of antibiotics reminded me that me being a nurse is an added advantage for you ,I can tell your temperature, pulse by just holding your hands. Now how cool is that !! And God forbid,but if by any chance you fell sick. You will have your own personal nurse to take care of you. Now that's a good deal right. One personal nurse always there for you. Seeing the skyrocketing healthcare costs it will be a win-win situation.Also I don't want appear tooting my own horn here but a few friends can guarantee that I am quite good at what I do. Not that I would ever want you to be sick.

Also you might be a fan of dance shows and dance movies, yea I can watch them. And you might have some of the most graceful dance moves but I dance squat. Picture a guy getting electrocuted,yea that would be me ,while dancing. I have a couple of friends whose dance moves will mesmerize you and they can vouch for me that I have two left feet when it comes to dancing. So what if I can't dance ,you can always teach me and believe me I've always been a good student. But even if you don't dance, we can learn it together.

I am a vociferous reader. I read anything , from coffee table books to fiction even the news that is on the paper bags made of newspaper. So you won't be needing to watch news.As a kid too, I loved reading so much that I had made a slit in my school blazer, adjacent to my inner chest pocket to accommodate an extra book ,as our weekly allowance of one book was insufficient for me. So you can understand my relationship with books.

I can cook a mean dish of chicken sometimes. It's only sometimes as,  it's not always that I make a lip smacking gastronomical delight, it's a series of hits and misses. So hang in there and you might still get something that I call as 'the taste of a lifetime' when I'l reach that zenith in the 'art of cooking.'

Movies ,I rarely miss one. I watch even the boring ones and with fifteen minutes into the movie , me and my crazy friends are raring to leave the theatre. Though for records sake I have left the theatre only once. Also ,to be frank I have to yet watch a horror movie in a theatre. (I watch them in my room on my laptop) Maybe I'm waiting for you so that we'll both watch it together, holding each others hands and getting scared together.

I know I'm not a perfect person.I have a number of quirks and I have no inhibition in telling them. I have anger at the tip of my nose. I am trying to shift it down to my toes though. I laugh at the drop of a hat. Na not really. That's an overstatement. I don't laugh that easily. Just the other day when everyone was guffawing at a joke. I just didn't find it funny. I just smiled. Laughter is rare. Also my friends say that I over think and over react but with you on my mind I'l hardly find time to think of anything else.What say. Also I am directionally challenged. My left is right and right is left and vice versa.And if we ever get lost in the wilderness then ,God help us.  I am also called the Lord of Destruction as I have a penchant for dropping or breaking things. So keep all the fragile things far away. Ask my roommate who is also my very good friend from college he'll give a better description.

As I was reading what I had just written, I realised that I was writing only the negative aspect ,as if I'm trying to pawn off a beaten down car.But that's not the case. I just want you to prepared for the 'not so good facets' as you discover the good aspect. Moreover I also don't expect you to be perfect ,yea I know you will have your own set of quirks and idiosyncrasies ,cause that's who we all humans are. Imperfect beings who are a work in progress. And all I hope is that you are worth the wait.

Hopefully yours .....

2 comments:

  1. mani.. tho nt a blogger.. I too write.. bettr wrd wud b .. i muse with my pen. wanna tek u dis descrptn can make any gal fall head over heels fr u.. hop ur wait gets rewarded soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words anonymous..

      Delete